LALC is referred to as one among the leading tax lawyers in Tanzania. Our lawyers are skilled in devising tax-efficient structures for businesses and in handling complex tax disputes. We also assist clients with tax compliance issues, tax planning, objections, and negotiations for tax payment arrangements where the assessed tax is undisputed. Our litigation/arbitration team evaluate every possible outcome prior to taking a case and explores creative ways for an amicable, quicker and cost effective resolution.
- Successfully advised and represented leading transportation companies before the Tax Revenue Board and Appeals Tribunal with regard to motor vehicle licenses and exemption schemes.
- Involved and successfully represented oil marketing companies with regard to their tax disputes.
- Advised banks and other financial institutions in their tax compliance as well as representing them in their tax and other civil litigations.
- Advised on advertisement levy charges to transporters.
- Advised and representing clients in tax objections, disputes on customs classification, rule of origin and valuation.
- Advised on and successfully acted for an internationally affiliated company regarding a transfer pricing dispute with the Tax Revenue Authority.
Representing Clients in privately arranged mediations or court annexed mediations.
Acted for a private company in its construction arbitration dispute with an exposure of over two-million USD.
- Commercial Litigation:
Representing Clients in courts of Law, Tribunals and arbitration as may be required and instructed by the Client.